Wednesday, March 21, 2007

leaving soon!

eeeekk!!! I can't believe I'm leaving soon. Agnes is coming tomorrow and I'll be meeting her in Jo'burg airport. I can't wait to see her and travel to Cape Town together. The volunteers here want to go to a strip club in Jo'burg so hopefully we can go tomorrow when we pick up Agnes. That will be her first experience in Jo'burg... the strip club. I wish that was my first place I went to the first time I arrived in South Africa!
So I've been working hard this week trying to get everything organized so I can finish my work and travel. I can't believe I won't be here anymore in 3 weeks time. Over here, I started getting hooked on American Idol and now I can't wait to go home and watch who wins! Also, who knew so many people are on facebook?!?! Where have I been all this time?? Anyways, as you can see, this is quite a random blog. I'm sitting here at work and now have finished everything at the hospice so i'm just taking some time before I have to meet up with a nurse and do some diet counseling.
Over at the children's home, i've been doing some swallowing assessments, not really sure if I'm allowed to do them because I haven't been practically trained to do it... but .. oh well~! I gave them a training on healthy eating and dysphagia management. They seemed to really like it. I even did demonstrations on proper ways of feeding, how we normally swallow (with a cookie) and thickened fluids. No one fell asleep! I even get to sign a certificate of attendance for them! I feel special, they feel special.. so it's all good.
Anyways, I'll try to post up those Sun City pics soon but if not, you'll have to wait to see them for real when I get home.
ciao!
ps- Derek, it doesn't count as a comment when you don't even comment about what i've been doing here!!! Happy bday!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Baby, why was the monkey wearing a yellow rain coat?

see you soon!